Proper Preventive measures are your first line of defense, as it is being said “Prevention is better than Cure”
The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is to follow proper COVID-19 protocols which involves, practicing good hygiene and making these CDC recommendations part of your tobit.
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
NB: People who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others.
The video below from WHO will enlighten you more on proper COVID-19 Protocols.