Candidates pursuing admission into different universities/polytechnics/colleges/other tertiary institutions in Nigeria are informed that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has activated the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal where UTME and Direct Entry candidates can accept/reject their admission offer and also monitor their admission.
According to JAMB’S policy, all admission would be made online through the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS); consequently, all candidates pursuing admission into Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and Other tertiary institutions in Nigeria for the 2020/2021 Academic Session are advised to visit the JAMB CAPS portal to check their admission status and also indicate the acceptance or rejection of their admission.
NOTE: Once you accept the admission, your admission pursuit is over as you will no longer be available for other schools’ admission consideration. Similarly, if you reject the admission, you become available to other schools with free admission slots for admission consideration.
How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS-PC METHOD
- Go to the JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- Supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns and then log in.
- Then locate and click on ‘Check Admission Status‘.
- Select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on the ‘Access my CAPS‘ button.
- Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Locate and click on the ‘Search’ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
NOTE: If you have been offered admission, the Accept Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be active (clickable), as highlighted red in image below.
If you have NOT been offered admission yet, the Accepted Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be inert (not clickable and greyed out) as highlighted Red in image below.
NOTE:Admission Status details (highlighted in blue) may differ. Therefore, if not yet offered admission, please continue checking.
How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS Using your Mobile Device
Using your mobile phone browsers might not get you what you want, so I recommend using Chrome browser, then do the following.
- Select the three-dotted line at the top right corner of chrome browser( i.e. ⋮) and then click on ‘Desktop site‘.
- After that, Go to the JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/
Use the same procedure for PC mentioned above, now you successfully accept of reject admission using either phone or laptop.