This is to inform the Polytechnic Community that the Electoral committee has released the Eligibility(requirements) and Electoral Guidelines for 2021 Students Union Elections.
The guidelines are as follows!
- The Electoral Committee shall conduct election into twenty (20) positions in the Student Union for the 2020/2021 academic session.
- Only students of the College registered for the 2020/2021 academic session shall be eligible to participate in this election.
- All students of the College registered for the 2020/2021 academic session shall be eligible to vote and elect any qualified candidate of their choice to serve on the Student Union Executive.
- All students of the College registered for the 2020/2021 academic session, having met the set academic, moral, and other specified criteria shall be qualified to contest for any of the vacant positions in the Student Union Executive.
- Candidates to be nominated must be fair-minded and one with impeccable character.
- Contestants for the position of President, Vice president (Academics), General Secretary, and Finance Director must be full-time HND students with a minimum academic grade (CGPA) of 3.0 (upper credit).
- Contestants for the position of President must have his/her ND from Yabatech.
- Contestants for the position of Assistant General Secretary, Welfare Director, Social Director, Treasurer and PRO must have a minimum academic grade (CGPA) of 2.5 (Lower credit).
- The position of Treasurer is reserved exclusively for ND PT/FT Female students.
- All positions for Epe campus also include B.Sc students with a CGPA of 3.0
- Candidates shall be elected through manual and electronic voting methods.
- Full-Time students on Yaba Campus shall vote through a secret ballot system.
- All Part-Time students, as well as students on Epe campus, shall adopt an e-voting system.
- All eligible voters must have College Identity Card; functional Telephone numbers; and reliable e-mail addresses.
- After the close of nominations, if there is only one candidate duly nominated for each of the positions, such candidate (in all cases) shall be declared elected, with at least 50% of the total vote casts.
- If there are two or more candidates nominated for each of the positions, the candidates with the highest number of votes shall be declared duly elected.
- In the event of a tie between two candidates in any of the positions, the second round of the election will be conducted within 48hrs.
For Any Enquiry, Contact: 08060535673; 08055563667; 08037119303.
Dr. M.A. Adebakin
Chairman, Electoral Committee