Management of the Niger Delta University (NDU), Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State, invites applications from interested and qualified candidates for admission into the Basic Studies for the 2021/2022 Academic Year.
About NDU basic program
Niger Delta University one year basic programme is organized to improve the performance of Secondary School Leavers in the UTME and equivalent examinations.
This programme also prepares Senior Secondary School (SS III) students and other school leavers for the NECO and WAEC Examination.
NDU Basic Studies Admission Requirements/Duration
- Applicants must have five ‘O’ level credits relevant to the proposed course of study, including English Language.
- Admission is open to candidates who are awaiting the release of the most recent WAEC and NECO School Certificate Examination results and those who have attempted and are still preparing to sit for these exams again. However, admission to Degree Programmes in the University will also depend on the candidate’s performance in the current JAMB.
NDU PROGRAMME DURATION:
One Academic Year (2021/2022). Further details concerning fees payments including the schedule of course per year can be obtained from their website.
NDU Basic Studies – Available Courses
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
- Department of Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology
- Department of Crop and Soil Science
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies
- Department of Animal Science
- FACULTY OF ARTS:
- Department of English and Literary Studies
- Department of History and Diplomacy
- Department of Theatre Arts
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religious Studies
- FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES:
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
- Department of Arts Education
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Social Science Education
- Department of Educational Foundations
- Department of Vocational/Industrial Technology
- Department of Library and Information Science
- FACULTY OF ENGINEERING:
- Department of Agricultural/Environmental Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering/Hydrology
- Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical/Marine Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- FACULTY OF LAW:
- FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Building
- Department of Environmental Management
- Department of Fine and Applied Arts
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
- FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- Department of Finance & Accountancy:
- Banking & Finance
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Office Information Management
- FACULTY OF NURSING:
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY:
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
- Department of Biological Science
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Geology
- Department of Mathematics/Computer Science
- Department of Pure & Applied Chemistry
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography/Environmental Management
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Mass communication
How to Apply for NDU Basic Studies Admission Form
The Registration Process is as follows:
- Go to any Access/Diamond Bank Branch in Nigeria.
- Pay a fee of five thousand naira (N5,000.00) only to Account Number 0016405919 and obtain a Teller-Duplicate. The University will not subsidize other charges such as bank charges.
- Proceed to the School of Pre-Degree and Basic Studies, ICT Building at the New Site and obtain the admission application form at the Basic Studies Unit for your further processes.
NDU Basic Application Closing date: no specified date yet.