This is to inform all Nigerian Students in tertiary academic institutions that they can start submitting applications for the annual Scholarship programmes. Each successful applicant will receive an award for one academic year towards tuition fee, accommodation, books and living expenses.
UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology Scholarship Categories
- Per annum, there are 3 categories of award, and for each category there are 15 scholarships which includes 5 awards for each of the Centre’s thematic areas – food security, tropical diseases, and bioresources conservation:
- Final Year Bachelor’s Degree scholarship (15 awards)
- Master’s Degree scholarship (15 awards), and
- PhD scholarship (15 awards). A total of 45 scholarships will be awarded per annum.
UNECO ICB Scholarship – Candidate Eligibility and Award Criteria
- Evidence that the students currently registered in a tertiary academic institution in Nigeria for the category of award applied.
- Course of study is biotechnology or biotechnology related disciplines including agriculture, biosciences bioengineering, etc. relevant to the Centre’s thematic areas – food security, tropical diseases, and bioresources conservation.
- Current cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is at least 2nd Class Upper (2:1) at the time of application or the most recently completed degree for MSc and PhD students.
- Preference will be given to First Class students and/or those at the top of their class.
- Not more than one (1) award per scholarship category per thematic area from any academic institution. For instance, more than one (1) award may not be made for MSc Scholarship in Tropical Diseases from one institution.
How to Apply for UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Application for 2020 Scholarship” as the subject of the mail.