The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD exercise will be accomplished in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Learners will be overseen by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful fulfilment, students will be granted a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
SINGA PhD Scholarship Research Areas
Research areas under the PhD Programme tumble extensively under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
SINGA PhD Scholarship Eligibility/Requirements
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
Eligibility processes are not just concluded in the above, as A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
SINGA PhD Scholarship Value
The award delivers assistance for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
How Can I Apply for SINGA PhD Scholarship
- Browse PhD Research Projects: Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
- Documents Required: Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying. Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports: ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
Mandatory Documents below
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Submission deadline for August 2022 intake: 1 December 2022 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
Note the important information below.
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you apply. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.