President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration upon its emergence in 2015 had urged Nigerians to enterprise into agriculture because it additionally pumped assets into the sector to encourage extra individuals.
Nigerians over time have been made to consider that vast cash can solely be made via the oil enterprise, however the narrative is altering with individuals making an enormous quantity of earnings from Agriculture.
President Buhari in his plan to enhance the sector needed to sack the Minister of Agriculture, Mohammed Nanono, claiming that his efficiency was weak and never in tandem with the aim of his administration.
In the meantime, the purpose of this dialogue isn’t in regards to the Federal Authorities’s half in agriculture however to enlighten the thoughts on find out how to begin profitable cassava farming.
Typically individuals consider the rigorous actions concerned within the cultivation of land used for farming, the planting course of and all.
Nonetheless, the introduction of know-how in farming has made the method simpler and this reduces the variety of days that might have been utilized in planting and different farm processes.
To start out profitable cassava farming there are some vital issues to place in place, like buying land, getting a breed of the cassava and different steps.
We now have taken out time to simplify the method of cultivating a cassava farm.
Listed below are the steps you possibly can comply with to start out your small business:
1. Purchase land (Purchase/lease)
2. Clear the land
3. Put together the land for farming (Fertilizer and different assets)
4. Get the breed of Cassava you need to plant (TME 419, TMS 90257, TMS 91934, TMS 81/00110, TMS 82/00661, TMS 30001, TMS 30555, TMS 30572 and native cultivars—Nwugo, Nwaiwa, Ekpe and Okotorowa)
5. Plant your Cassava
6. Monitor the cultivation (Take out the weeds). Notice Cassava doesn’t want an excessive amount of water.
7. Harvest and processing for those who want to
Obtain NAIJA NEWS app: