One of the fundamental rights of a child is the right to proper education. Various Governments schemes have been put in place to help the financially unstable gain this basic right.
In this article, you will be educated on an opportunity launched by the Karnataka government called the SSP Scholarship. Various kinds of scholarships are also provided by the government for Karnataka students.
If you are interested in getting the scholarship, it would be important for you to take note of every single detail listed below, which includes, what is SSP scholarship 2022? Its benefits, objectives, features, eligibility criteria, required documents, application procedure, etc.
What is SSP Scholarship?
SSP Scholarship is one with a primary objective to provide financial assistance to all those students who cannot be able to afford their education because of their financial conditions. It is also targeted at making Students self-reliant with the help of this scheme.
It is open to all secondary school students who are seeking higher education through its online portal, despite your financial condition.
The application procedure has been made very simple through this portal. SSP Scholarship portal has various kinds of welfare departments for various categories of students.
There are two categories of scholarship that are offered through the SSP scholarship portal which is pre-Matric and post-matric scholarship.
SSP Pre matric Scholarship
The SSP pre-matric Scholarship is a program for students who are studying from classes 1-10. There are various kinds of schemes at the pre-matric level according to the various categories of students.
It should also be known to applicants that only students of Karnataka can apply for this scholarship. To apply for this scheme the student should visit the official website.
On the official website, they are required to register themselves. After successful registration students will be provided with the scholarship amount through the direct benefit transfer method.
SSP Post Matric Scholarship
The SSP post matrix scholarship is designed for studies who are interested in bothering their education beyond class 10. This scholarship is offered to OBC, SC, ST, etc category aspirants.
This scholarship has provided numerous kinds of schemes with the help of the government. To help students continue with their education.
Those students who are seeking admission in 11th or 12th or diploma courses or government or private Institutes or universities or vocational programs in ITI or technical courses etc can apply for this scholarship scheme.
Benefits of applying for the SSP Scholarship
- SSP Scholarship portal provides an integrated digitalised platform for registration
- It fulfils all the needs of all eligible students of Karnataka
- All the designated amounts are transferred into the beneficiaries’ accounts through the direct benefit transfer method
- It helps to cater for those with financial problems.
- It would therefore reduce the high rate of school dropouts
It would also be important for you to note that the scholarship is only eligible for citizens of Karnataka.
Documents required to apply for the SSP Scholarship
- Fee receipt of your secondary school
- Aadhar card of candidate and parent
- Valid mobile number
- College AUR institution hostel number
- Private or government hostel ID
- Ration card number
- Income certificate
- Caste/EWS certificate
- The disability card number approved by the government of India
Important information about the SSP Scholarship
- Once the SSP scholarship form has been submitted you can no longer make any correction
- You are required to submit your SATS number to benefit from the scholarship. The student achievement tracking system (SAT) is a unique ID number that is assigned to a student to approve the benefits of the SSP scholarship.
- You are required to return the SSP scholarship to the state government if you decide to suspend the education for which the scholarship was used.
- If it is discovered that any of your document submitted is false, then all the paid amount for the scholarship will be paid in full and the scholarship would be terminated.
- If the student underperforms or has poor attendance, the is a good chance that the scholarship would be cancelled.
How to create an account on the SSP scholarship portal
The following are well-detailed procedures on how to create an account on the SSP Scholarship portal.
- The first thing to do is to go to the official website of the state scholarship portal, the home page will open before you
- On the home page, you should click on create account
- A new page would be loaded and on this page, you are to select a plan.
- You have to select your desired course
- Then you select your district of institute and college
- Then if you have your Aadhaar number you click yes and then fill in all your Aadhaar information and then click submit
- Then you are required to input your email and mobile number
- Then you are required to fill the OTP box with a message that would be sent to your mobile phone
- Then input your details like religion, category, school certificate number etc.
- Then input your income certificate number
- If you have your ration card you can input it as well
- Then you put a password and submit.
Then your registration is complete with the above guidelines.
How to create a student login
- Head to the official state scholarship portal
- Once the home page load you should click on the student login
- Enter your username and password then input the captcha code
- Then click on the login
Then your student login has been created successfully.
How to create your department login
- Head to the official website
- When the home page opens you click on the departmental login
- When it opens a new page you would be provided space to fill in your username and password
- Then you click on the login
When you are done with these you would have created your department login.
SSP scholarship is a free reliable program, which can be trusted because it has been properly funded and organised by the Indian government. So your kids can go to school even without you being financially stable.
Frequently asked questions
How to recover a forgotten password?
- Head to the official website
- On the home page click on the student login
- Then click on the forgotten password
- Then you input your login ID
- Then you click on OTP, then fill in the OTP in the box provided.
- Once you click on submit you have successfully created a new password
How to edit your details in the application form?
- Go to the official website
- Click on student login on the home page
- Then you enter your username, password and captcha code
- Then login
- Once logged in click on edit information
- Then you make your desired changes
- After that, you click on submit.
If you are still facing any difficulty in any related problem then you can contact their customer care at:
- E-Attestation/Post Matric Scholarship queries for help desk- 080-35254757
- Email ID- email@example.com
- Department of social welfare- 9008400010/9008400078
- Department of Minority Welfare- 080-22535931
Scheduled Tribes welfare department- 080-22261789
- Department of backward classes welfare- 080-8050770005