In other to advance development through quality science education, the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) have teamed up together in selecting up to 40 students/scholars from developing countries to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years, fully sponsored.
Scholars from developing countries are welcome to start their registrations.
The ANSO Scholarship was launched in 2019. The ANSO scholarship is geared toward training, building, and developing young scientists from all over the world.
Right from time, this great scholarship scheme supports and develops 200 Master’s students and 300 Ph.D. students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China.
Not like usual, a sub-set of the ANSO scholarship was launched this year; the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO Ph.D. Scholarship.
Still, in line with the policies of TWAS/UNESCO, special considerations will be placed on two target categories;
- Developing Countries (LDCs) and women.
- 40 Ph.D. students from developing countries in the South.
Amongst other sponsors of the scholarship, CAS, the renowned founding member of ANSO, remains the major sponsor.
Also, TWAS and UNESCO are among the fund’s teams for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO Ph.D. Scholarship awardees.
If you want to be amongst the sponsors, you are also welcomed by ANSO.
Do I qualify for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship 2023/2024?
To know your status, or if you qualify to apply for this scholarship, you must;
- NOT be a Chinese Citizen.
- Be a citizen of any eligible developing country in the South (check if your country is on the approved list; Developing Countries in the South | TWAS)
- Be proficient in English or Chinese
- If you are applying for your Ph.D. degree, you must be born after 1st January 1988.
- You must meet the requirements for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- If you are eligible, you should focus on your studies; Don’t engage in any other program.
- If you have an existing doctorate program in China, you are not qualified for this scholarship.
- Do not apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously to avoid disqualification.
NOTE: THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 15TH JANUARY, 2023.
What will I gain from this scholarship?
For the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship 2023/2024, eligible and approved scholars will benefit the following:
- Tuition waiver.
- 48 Monthly stipend:6,000 or 7,000 CNY/month (depending on passing the qualification test developed by the University).
- Health insurance will be put in place.
- Application fee waiver, fully funded.
- International travel allowance.
- One-time visa.
In the onboarding process, all awardees will complete compulsory training in the Chinese language, Chinese culture, and all required credits as well as practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of USTC/UCAS or CAS institutes.
However, if any awardee fails the qualification test, he will face the following penalty;
- Termination of scholarship.
- Suspension of doctoral study.
- Will be provided with a certificate of attendance for the period of study undertaken in China but not an official/valid doctorate degree.
NOTE: AT ALL TIMES, ALL AWARDEES ARE TO ABIDE BY THE LAWS OF CHINA AND THE USTC/UCAS REGULATIONS.
For more inquiries, visit the official website of ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship 2023/2024.