With pleasure, Qualcomm is bringing a massive opportunity to African startups.
The Qualcomm® Make in Africa Startup Mentorship Initiative is not a regular startup opportunity program.
It is an equity-free mentorship program geared towards the identification of promising early-stage startups ready to grow by applying advanced connectivity and processing technologies to innovative end-to-end systems solutions.
Qualcomm will be providing these startups with business training, engineering consultation for product development, and guidance on intellectual property management.
What to expect from the Qualcomm® Make in Africa Startup Mentorship Program
There are so many benefits of the Qualcomm Make in Africa Startup Mentorship Program. As a startup owner in the world today, there are many challenges you encounter that often make you give up or confused.
However, this initiative will offer;
- One-on-One Mentorship: You will have the privilege of having 1:1 mentorship with Qualcomm experts.
- Product realization: As a startup, you mind find your ideas difficult to make viable. Qualcomm will guide you to realize your product.
- Skill development: There will be an opportunity for skill acquisition and upgrades. With Qualcomm’s Masterclasses on product management, pitch clinic, IPR, and hardware architecture, you could reach your full potential in entrepreneurship.
- Visibility: There will be room for connecting with high-industry players, industry leaders, VCs, investors, and other accelerators.
Schedule for Qualcomm® Make in Africa Startup Mentorship Program
According to the timeline from the official Qualcomm site, the program is scheduled as follows;
- Application Phase: December 13th, 2022 to February 28th, 2023.
- Shortlisting of the Startups: March 2023.
- Mentorship Program: April 2023 to November 2023.
- Program Finale & Demo Day: December 2023.
- Application Deadline: February 28th, 2023.
Good luck with your applications, and make sure you have a convincing startup or idea.