UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2023.
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest is open to participants between the ages of 18 and 33. To promote young photographers and support them in their strive for professional perfection.
Categories of the UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2023
The 2023 contest will showcase four categories for which young photographers can compete for awards these include:
Significant events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole are the main subject of entries in the category: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives.
This category involves entries, which captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training: the beauty of sports competitions.
This category involves entries reflecting the entire multicoloured palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
A Hero of Our Time. This category involves entries such as individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed. The determining factor in this category is the author’s ability to reveal the inner world of his characters, and express their mental qualities and character through the uniqueness of their appearance and looks as a whole.
Requirements for UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2023
- Entries can contain a single photograph or series of no more than 12 photographs. Minor cropping, balance (white balance) or density (brightness, contrast) correction is acceptable. Framed images, collages, and photos that have been significantly photoshopped, with parts of the image edited, deleted or replaced with a different image, will not be accepted.
- Photos will be uploaded in JPG format. The acceptable compression will not exceed 10. The image is to be no less than 2,200 pixels and no more than 5,700 pixels by its longer side.
- The file name must contain the serial number of the photograph, the name and last name of the author, the title and the year it was shot, separated by underscores, for example, 01_Smith_James_The_Spring 2011. The name of the file must be given in Latin script. The file size must not exceed 20 Mb. The file must also contain all the EXIF data.
- Entries are uploaded and stored by the participant on his or her page at STENINCONTEST.COM. Photos can be added or replaced until the participant submits the entry. After the entry is submitted, photos can no longer be added or replaced.
- Photographs must have been taken after January 1, 2022, in exceptional cases, a series of photographs started in previous years are accepted. In such a case, the last photograph of the series must have been taken in 2022 or 2023.
Contest prizes for the UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2023
- The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 700,000 (seven hundred thousand).
- The first-place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 125,000 (one hundred twenty-five thousand).*
- The second-place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB100,000 (one hundred thousand).
- The third-place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a
- Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 75,000 (seventy-five thousand).*
- Contest Sponsors and/or Partners may also offer additional prizes
This section contains the number of awards to be paid to the Winners/Runners-up after the deduction of taxes according to the current laws of the Russian Federation.}. The relationship regarding additional prizes from the Contest Sponsors/Pa