In the United States of America (USA) the job opportunities available are numerous. These job openings are not just limited to its nationals only but also to foreign nationals from all over the world. Another beautiful thing is that immigrants do not have to a college degree to land many of these jobs in the USA
Immigrants have it easy with landing jobs in the United States of America as immigrants are covered by the prohibition of discrimination (age, gender, country race and skin color) in USA law of employment.
Manual labour is of the easiest jobs to get in the USA. Amongst manual labour are Electrician, Carpenter, Plumber, Welder, Construction worker etc.
In this article, we will talk about the construction worker which regarded as almost the most common job in the United States of America. These set of professionals are in charge of machine operations, preparation of equipment, building of structures etc. Construction workers work under the supervision of an engineer based on instructions of clients and blueprint of client’s architect.
We have reputable and growing businesses in the country who are seeking to hire competent, reliable and goal-focused individuals to work as Construction Workers. The position is open to both full-time and part-time employment seekers
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of construction sites for the day’s work, materials and tools.
- Conveyance materials to the construction site and back to it storage place
- Removal of wreckages, and other dangerous materials from the construction site
- Operation of machines and construction equipment
- Render assistance to other contractors on site
- Act according to construction company’s policies and regulations
- Observe all safety and health rules on site
- Mount traffic signs and regulation of traffics on site
- Mounting scaffolding
- Pouring and mixing of concretes, mortar and grout
Job Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills
- Strong and diligent and
- Energetic enough to lift heavy tools and machines and complete on site daily
- Good communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Prior construction work experience
- Physical and health requirement
- Ability to work under directions and supervision (Team work)
- Handle and work under pressure