When you find yourself posted to a state you’re not comfortable with or one you consider unsafe during your National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), the next step is contemplating a relocation to a more favorable state of your choice.
NYSC offers corp members the option to relocate or redeploy for specific reasons, such as marital purposes or health concerns. This means that if you’re married or have health issues that require attention in another state, you have the opportunity to apply for relocation.
What is Relocation or Redeployment in NYSC?
Relocation or redeployment is the process through which corps members request to be posted to another state due to reasons like marriage or health issues that necessitate attention from a hospital or doctor in the preferred state.
NYSC relocation involves moving a corps member from their original state of orientation exercise camping and place of primary assignment (PPA) to a new location. This request can be made for various reasons, including health, family, or personal considerations.
Eligibility and Application Process:
To be eligible for NYSC relocation, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a serving corps member.
- You must have a valid reason for requesting relocation.
- You must obtain the approval of NYSC.
If you meet these requirements, follow these steps to apply for NYSC redeployment/relocation:
- Visit the NYSC portal at https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/
- Sign in with your email and password (the same credentials used during registration).
- Click on “Relocation.”
- Fill in your details in the provided fields.
- Wait for a notification via SMS or email on your application status.
- If your application is approved, you’ll receive notification via SMS or email.
Printing NYSC Online Relocation and Redeployment Letter:
If your application is successful, follow these steps to print your NYSC Online Relocation and Redeployment Letter:
- Visit the NYSC Portal at https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/
- Log in with your details.
- Select “Manage Relocation.”
- Make the necessary payment.
- Print your payment receipt (as evidence of payment).
- After payment, you’ll see an option to print the redeployment/relocation letter.
- Print the letter and make a copy.
- Take it to your new State of deployment.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below, and we’ll respond promptly.