The Mastercard Foundation in conjunction with the University of Rwanda (UR) has launched the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Rwanda (MCF-SP@UR) and humbly wishes to invite the application of all qualified academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young Rwandan people with leadership potential and other African coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa currently living in Rwanda as Certified Refugees.
Requirements for the University of Rwanda Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023
Interested applicants should understand that;
- As for the Academic section 2022 – 2023, 30 scholarships are available to students Admitted at UR in selected undergraduate programs (19 Scholarships are specifically reserved for refugees & 7 specifically reserved for Youth with disability).
- Special consideration would be given to female students and students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs.
After understanding the above, let’s move to the eligibility and requirements;
- You must be a Rwandan or a refugee/displaced youth currently living in Rwanda.
- You must be below 28 years of age as of the application time.
- you must be admitted into the selected programs at the University of Rwanda for the 1st year of the academic year 2021-2022(see more application call details here)
- Have the right secondary schools’ aggregate marks :
- At least a minimum of 70 as an aggregate mark for programs in Medicine and Pharmacy, and 67 as an aggregate mark for other programs or equivalent, or
- At least 80% aggregate mark or equivalent for applicants from Teacher Training Centres (TTC), or
- At least 55% aggregate mark or equivalent for applicants from TVET schools.
- Must not be on an existing scholarship or be ready to forfeit it to benefit from the MCF-SP @UR scholarship opportunity.
- Must be able to verify and confirm that you have Critical Economic Needs or you are living with a disability.
- Must have verifiable records of leadership and community engagement(s).
How to apply for the University of Rwanda Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023
- Before doing anything, just download an empty form HERE and read through it to know the requirements of each registration section.
- Also, only students admitted to UR in eligible postgraduate programs that are supported by the MCF-SP@UR for the academic year 2022-2023 (see here) are eligible to apply.
- You are to submit a duly signed and sealed proof/recommendation letter from a competent authority clarifying;
- Family status (partial or total orphanhood) and critical economic needs.
- Leadership records in any one important organ (school, business, community, association, or any other engagement).
- For refugees, apart from the general registrations, you are to complete the refugee declaration form (available on the application portal) and attach a refugee status certification.
- For disabled applicants, apart from the general applications, you are to complete the disability declaration form (available on the application portal) and attach a disability certificate from a recognized association of people with disabilities (e.g: NCPD, NUDOR, MINEMA, RUB, RNUD, etc).
- You are free to attach whatever document you feel might support or authenticate your application.
- Don’t be in a haste, verify that you have completed and successfully uploaded the required documents before clicking on SUBMIT.
NOTE: SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS ON OR BEFORE SUNDAY 8TH JANUARY 2023, AT 11:59 PM (CENTRAL AFRICA TIME).
If you have more inquiries, contact the sponsors by visiting the official site of the University of Rwanda Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023.