Yet on the wheels of the World Heritage Education Programme at the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, the World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Initiative, which was launched in 2008 in collaboration with the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), to mobilize and involve young people and youth organizations in World Heritage preservation and promotion is pleased to launch the Call for Projects for the ‘World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) 2023 – Working on the Future’.
As a matter of fact, the WHV Initiative is geared toward encouraging young people to undertake concrete actions and to play an active role in the protection, preservation, and promotion of World Heritage sites.
Great minds are made from this initiative.
In this program, action camps are organized by youth organizations or institutions in cooperation with multiple stakeholders and partners, who work together for the state conservation of World Heritage sites.
The initiative welcomes national and international volunteers through hands-on and awareness-raising activities for the conservation of our common cultural and natural heritage
Schedule of the UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Initiative 2023 Program
According to OpportunitiesforAfrica, the program is scheduled for;
- 31 December 2022: Project submission deadline.
- 1-22 January 2023: Additional information may be requested from the organizations.
- 1 February 2023: Announcement of selected WHV projects.
- Confirmations will be sent to the selected organizations.
- Applications for the Mobility Fund will be open.
- February/March 2023: Official communication will be sent to the National Commissions for UNESCO, Permanent Delegations to UNESCO, UNESCO Field Offices, and site management authorities.
- 1 April 2023 –15 October 2023: Project implementation, project visits, and photo/video documentation.
- By 31 October 2023: Submission of the evaluation form and questionnaires including pictures, videos, and a signed copyright agreement by
the implementing organizations.
- October/November 2023 WHV Call for Projects 2024 will be launched.
If you need more information, or have more inquiries, visit the official site of the UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Initiative 2023 Program.
Also Read, University of Edinburgh MastardCard Scholarship 2023/2014.